Places of interest in Montreux
- Bazar Suisse
- Montreux Casino
- Facade of Freddie Mercury's apartment
- Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
- Grand Hôtel Territet - Alcazar
- The Lake House
- Convention Center - 2m2c
- Montreux Jazz Café and Funky Claude’s Bar
- Montreux Jazz Shop
- Montreux Museum
- Ned Music Club
- Le Petit Palais
- Queen - The Studio Experience
- Queen Tribute Wall
Queen Tribute Wall
Today, Mountain Studios is gone. It was closed permanently in the summer of 2002, following the renovation work on the Casino Barrière.
The soul of the place, David Richards, bought the studio from Queen in 1993, left the premises after having failed to reach an agreement with the new owners of the Casino Barrière group, and decided to set up his Studio in Attalens, a small village a few kilometres from Montreux.
He sadly died on December 20, 2013 at the age of 57.
The current wall and the entrance door to Mountain Studios are original. They have seen many artists passing by this place. You can still visit them nowadays.
We recommend that you bring a felt pen to leave a message on the outside wall of the studio, which has become the "Queen Tribute Wall".
Similar articles :
- Montreux Freddie Mercury Mountain Studios
- Montreux Freddie Mercury Mountain Studios David Richards
- Montreux Freddie Mercury Mountain Studios Technical
Any partial or complete use of the texts or images on this website are strictly prohibited without the written permission of Montreux Celebration. Do not hesitate to contact us if you find mistakes or to give more informations about this article